mini-baja

Re: Mini Baja Braking System

To: D F <teggianese@yahoo.com>, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mini Baja Braking System
From: Justin Scheifflee <jcs28@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:47:30 -0500
Your team members intrepreted the rule incorrectly.  All that rule states
is that your hydraulic brake system must act on all 4 wheels and lock them
up under hard braking.  It does not mention anything about mechanically
locking the brakes.  The part where it says in a static condition means
someone pushes the brakes and another person tries to push the car around,
and none of the wheels should be able to rotate.  I don't believe this rule
has changed from last year, and since mechanical locks weren't required
then I don't see why they would be now.

Justin S
UB Mini-Baja
http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/Students/Organizations/sae/