RE: Newsletter

To: "'Jim Stuart'" <jimbb88@erols.com>, <DANMAS@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Newsletter
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:18:27 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Just a comment on the internet publishing thought.

All of "us" can deal with getting the newsletter sent via a PDF file;
however I'm certain there are many subscribers that cannot accept the
newsletter as email.  That certainly poses a problem for those that have
paid their money for a "snail mail" copy.

The second issue would be gathering the email addresses in a timely
manner.  I would imagine that attempting to acquire email address's for
those subscribers that have them won't solve the immediate problem.  The
newsletter would go out much quicker if mailing labels were available.

If the consensus is to publish via email in the future I do own Adobe
Acrobat ver 4.0.  I would be happy to convert the newsletter to a PDF
file so it could be emailed.  I would suggest that PDF is likely a
better format than most others available.

As far as Dan Masters involvement, I can say that when I met with Dan in
Breckinridge Colorado for the VTR event in August(?) Dan said the
newsletter was done and waiting on Don.  In fact if I recall correctly
he indicated at that time he had bought the EXPENSIVE printer to handle
the newsletter.  You have to believe me when I say that Dan isn't the
kind of person that wants to be associated with a poorly run operation.
I suspect this is driving him crazy.

Larry Hoy