Good news, bad news

To: "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good news, bad news
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:04:12 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well I got it started, took awhile to get timing/plug wires sorted.

Took it for a ride, it was a lot of fun.  But then ...

Some of you may know that I purchased this engine from someone else that never
got around to doing a conversion.  He had it rebuilt.  Well something went
wrong, dunno what.  But lost power big time, thought I may have heard some
noises but I have a noisy exhaust header gasket and it was hard to tell.  I shut
her down and had my wife come and tow it home.

Looks like we drive the Jaguar to the Monterey Historic races.  I'm leaving in a
couple of hours so I'm not sure if I will be able to do much emailing while
away.

Thanks for all your help out there.

Larry Hoy