Re: Oil pressure

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:52:56 -0400
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry-

Check the end of the distributor to see that the cross pin is present, then be
sure the pin is engaging the oil pump shaft slot.
When the dizzy is correctly installed, the base will turn, if not locked down,
but the rotor will not move.

The only thing driving the oil pump is the end of the distributor. The dizzy
drives off the cam gear, the cross pin moves the oil pump shaft, just look
carefully & you will find the problem.

Jim