Buick 215

To: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick 215
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:41:55 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Well I found one.  In fact, I bought it.

In my search for a Buick/Rover V8 I call a guy who had an ad in the
newspaper,  he was selling a 1961 Buick Special Station Wagon.  I told
him I wasn't interested in his car (too good, and expensive) but wondered
if he knew of a 215 engine for sale?  He told me his neighbor had one but
he didn't know his neighbors name or phone number.  After I made several
calls to the Station Wagon guy he finally came up with the phone number.
To make a long story short, I bought the engine yesterday.

The sell indicated the engine is from a Buick Special, he wasn't sure
what year.  I do have one question.  In trying to identify the year/model
of the engine I used Kurt Schley's GM Engine ID chart found in his
newsletter, but I can't seem to make the numbers on my engine "fit"
Kurt's chart.  I know it is a Buick (or at least has Buick heads).  It
has a 4 bbl stock intake manifold and a Rochester carburetor.

The numbers I find are 212503067 and HI55601.  These numbers are found on
the top, right side, of the engine block just in front of the head (left
side, if you are standing in front of the engine and looking at it).

Any help out there?

Larry Hoy (MGBV8@Juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (1/2 V8)