Re: overheating TF

To: "rjs" <rjs@computan.on.ca>
Subject: Re: overheating TF
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:09:03 -0700
Very probably true, Ric! An over-bored XPAG fitted with what were known as
"High-top" pistons (they had a big extra piece above the normally flat
crown, which practically filled the combustion chamber) and the Laystall
head would have given at least 12.5 to 1 compression. As you said, it would
have had to run on "fuel", as opposed to the 92 octane gas available at the
pump today. It would still work today for Vintage racing, using Racing fuel
(but, last time I bought that, about 18 years ago, it was $4.00 a
gallon........dread to think what it is today!)

Lawrie