Re: "sports" muffler for MGTD

To: "James W. Dunn" <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: "sports" muffler for MGTD
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@BlazeNet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:54:16 -0400
"James W. Dunn" wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>        I would like to put a different muffler on my car to
> make it sound a little more "sporty" and with little more
> thoarty sound, maybe like you would get from a tuned exhaust
> system.  Someone recommened a "cherry bomb" type muffler,
> but this may be too loud.  All suggestions appreciated.
>
>   Thanks,
>   Jim Dunn
>   52 MGTD
>   Birmingham, Alabama

Jim,

I've had a Thrush glass pack on my TD for 28 years and have been very
happy with both the exhaust note and the longevity of the system. The
noise is loud enough to be pleasing but not at all bothersome. Also the
particular muffler that I used (which was just a universal type that I
got at a discount store) looks very similar in shape to the correct
muffler, all I did was paint it black.

Charlie
York, PA
'52 TD 14552