Re: "sports" muffler for MGTD

To: "James W. Dunn" <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: "sports" muffler for MGTD
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:21:40 -0700
One of our members changed from a stock muffler to a 3-chamber
"Flowmaster". This member is looking for more performance from his TD.
According to his writing, "there was so much back-pressure with the
stock muffler, that when the new muffler was installed, I could really
feel the difference, and the plugs looked much better."
        With the Japanese rice rockets now using megaphone exhaust tips, this
would probably be a comparable modification. I've known people with
"cherry bomb" glass packs, and they are nice when new. When the glass
gets blown out, its just a hollow resonator.
John Seim