Re: TF axle ratio

To: rddell@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: TF axle ratio
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:37:00 EDT
Dick,
  The TF has a 4.875 gear set, which was used in combination with the
5.50 x 15 tires.
Modern radials willl make that an effective ratio of 5.nnn since the
radials will have a smaller rolling circumference.
  Check the MGA axle for it's gear ratio. That is marked on the gear set
somewhere. Most TD/TF people find the 4.3 axle best, some prefer the
4.555 and some the 4.1 from the MGA.  It's the gears that you will move
over to the TF.
Bob