Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Noise from MGTD when hitting dip in road.
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:47:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/99 3:16:30 AM !!!First Boot!!!, RobMGB@aol.com writes:

> <<                 Sometimes when I run over a "dip" in the road
>   I get a loud noise from under the back of the TD which
>   sounds like a pipe being hit by a hammer.  Shocks have
>   been rebuilt in last year.  The noise is louder and happens
>   more often if someone is riding in the car with me.

My B used to sound like it was smacked by a hammer every time it went over
the slightest bump. Turned out to be worn out rubber in the link arm that
couples the rear shock to the leaf springs. The TD has the same arrangement.
When the rubber goes, you have metal hitting metal.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336