RE: Brown & Gammons

To: cgrunau@pathcom.com, MGT List <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Brown & Gammons
From: Lewis Palmer <lpalmer@vanstar.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 19:14:16 -0800
To each his own, as they say.

First, have you tried to actually find an MGA gear set? And the flange
required?

Second, it all depends on the types of hills you climb. Yes, on shallow
hills an on freeways, the 4.3 WOULD be ideal. But where I live the hills are
a bit steeper. I also find, by reading Carl Cedarstrand' book, that the
reduction in RPM at 60 - 65 MPH would put me in a range where my particular
engine loves to run. I don't need 3750 RPM. I like 4000 just fine.

Regards,
Lew Palmer