Re: Brown & Gammons

To: "MGT List" <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brown & Gammons
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:05:46 -0500
I don't understand why you don't buy a good used complete MGA gear set
which has all the parts needed to convert a TD/TF to 4.3 ratio.  Cost will
be less than $200.00 .
Personally, I would'nt bother with a 4.55 set, 4.3 ratio is ideal for a
1250 cc TD ( IMHO ).
A TF or TD/TF 1500 could pull a higher ratio of 4.1 or even 3.9.
Regards,
Bob Grunau
,
----------
> From: Lewis Palmer <lpalmer@vanstar.com>
> To: Ernie Betts <ebetts3@email.msn.com>; MGT List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
> Subject: RE: Brown & Gammons
> Date: Wednesday, December 02, 1998 5:31 PM
>
> 175 pounds sterling minus VAT plus about 40 pounds shipping cost per set.
> Also, figure on replacing bearings, gasket, spacer tube and drive flange.
> All totaled, I'm paying around $450 each for the conversion, doing the
work
> myself.
>
> Regards,
> Lew Palmer