RE: PA/PB Front Fairing

To: "'Peter Green'" <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>, "'MMM List'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PA/PB Front Fairing
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:08:53 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Peter,

Thanks for the answer. I tend to believe that the chassis rail was in fact
tapped, as at least one of the four holes shows evidence that it was tapped.
Two of the holes look as if they are simply worn oversize or drilled out
sometime in the past.

But the mystery is that one of the holes (rearmost, near side) is too small
to have been tapped for 1/4" BSF. It is only large enough to pass a 2 BA
screw. Thus my confusion.

At this point, I'd love to fill the holes, redrill, and tap. But, since the
chassis is primed and painted, plain fasteners are probably how I'll have to
go.

Cheers,
Lew