Re: J2 wheel arches

To: Peter Green <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>
Subject: Re: J2 wheel arches
From: David Stansbie <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:03:15 +0000
Cc: MMM <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks-yes I am using half nuts and the thin, shakeproof
washers. I wondered about cutting off the end of the
pivot pin flush with the backplate, drilling and tapping the
pivot pin and securing it with a setscrew with a
hexagonal head. I could save an 1/8 of an inch or so.
Barry Foster put me off that idea when he implied that
the MOT inspectors might frown on it.On Tue, 11 Jan 2005