Re: J2 wheel arches

To: David Stansbie <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: J2 wheel arches
From: Edmund_Taylor@urscorp.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:10:44 +1000
Cc: MMM <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>, owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
David,

I had 12 inch brakes on the J3 originally and I modified the brake shoe
pivot pins fixing nut (because it is they that foul the body, especially
when the axle on one side comes close to its bump stop), simply thinning it
down and using nut loc instead of a spring washer.

Hope this helps, Ed

Ed Taylor
Principal
URS Australia Pty Ltd
Level 6, 1 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank, Vic, 3006
tel: (03) 8699 7500 fax: (03) 8699 7550
Direct: +61 3 8699 7662
Mobile: +61 412 333 212
Mail to: edmund_taylor@urscorp.com

This E-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential and may be the
subject of legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please
E-mail me by return and destroy this message. You are not permitted to
print, copy, disclose or use the content in any way. URS accepts no
responsibility for changes made to this E-mail or any attachments after
transmission from URS. Thank you.

                      David Stansbie

                      <David.Stansbie@bri        To:       MMM
<mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
                      stol.ac.uk>                cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  J2 wheel arches

                      owner-mg-mmm@autox.

                      team.net

                      11/01/2005 07:00 PM

                      Please respond to

                      David Stansbie

I've fitted 12 inch brakes to my J2 and they work a treat
BUT.....they foul the wheel arch. The nuts of the brake
shoe pivot pins have gouged about 1/8 of an inch out of the
wheel arch-it is down to the ply in one place. Has anyone
found an easy solution to this? I can cut the body work
away easily enough but then will be left with a raw edge of
aluminium and ply-how can I finish it off. I don't think
that I can cut the ply and leave enough aluminium to reform
the bottom of the wheel arch as it is at present. Anyway
the aluminium will be work hardened I guess. Any solutions
that don't involve taking the body off and starting again
would be appreciated. Thanks.