Re: J2 wheel arches

To: "David Stansbie" <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>, "MMM" <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: J2 wheel arches
From: "Peter Green" <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:35:03 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
David,

Are you using full nuts or half nuts (lock nuts) on the brake shoe pivot pins? Originally they would have been half nuts on the rear brakes of an L-type (which had 12" brakes). The L-type body is the same as your J2 body (hopefully) so it should work OK with the half nuts. Are you using square or flat section spring washers? originally they were thin flat section. Originally there were two lengths of pivot pins one had a shorter thread length which was used with the half nuts on rear brakes.

I hope the above information is of some help.

Peter Green.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Stansbie" <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>