RE: Radiator Badges

To: panderson@northpark.edu, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Radiator Badges
From: ian thomson <i.thomson@talk21.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:14:40 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
 Phil, the two originals which I have are as you
describe, except that they are both slightly over 2in
across the flats; about 1/16th over in fact.  The
chrome around the figures is also not there and
instead is as you describe brown/bronze enamel.  At
least it looks like enamel but it is very thin as it
is over the raised areas which the repros chrome.
Both have the very slightly turned back top.  The rear
is brown though I did not look for a makers mark.  The
repro which I have is also slightly larger than the
originals even at about 3/32 over the 2in.

Ian Thomson.