RE: Radiator Badges

To: "tom metcalf" <mgtom@bright.net>, "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>, "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Radiator Badges
From: "Anderson, Phil" <panderson@northpark.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:50:05 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Just a further note about badges. I believe I have the original on my PA. It
does roll back at the top, as Tom has described, and is 2" across the flat
portion. One interesting feature seems to be that whereas the reproductions are
chromed around the inside and outside edges of the octagon, and around the M
and G, mine is a brown, bronze color, as is the back. On the back it is stamped
J. FRAY LTD  and B'HAM. Is this consistent, or were the originals chromed?

I would also like contact information for restoring the original.

Phil Anderson