RE: metal bending on a PA

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>
Subject: RE: metal bending on a PA
From: "Gill.Morbey" <gd.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:57:13 +0100
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don:

My PA is from February 1935, although the body, made for me by Steve Gilbert
here in the UK in 2000, is clearly not.

However, Steve is highly faithful to maintaining the breed and that extends
to the quality and detailing of his work.

Having said that, here are three pics of the RHS of my car which should give
you an idea of how the bits fit together.

There is no metal in the hinge insert - thus the hinges screw straight onto
the exposed vertical timber member of the door post.

Please let me know if you'd like any further details.

Best regards
Dick Morbey
PA 0743