Re: Oil Fitting

To: "Kevin Allocca" <kevin-allocca@msn.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Fitting
From: "Jack Hardy" <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:43:54 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Kevin,

I think 140 wt oil is the right stuff, got mine at Pep Boys. I modified a
standard grease gun fitting to oil mine. Modified by removing the innards of
the fitting and soft soldered a flat washer to it's tip. I chose a washer
that had a hole a little smaller than the nipple and drilled it to easily
fit over the nipple. I then put an "O" ring inside the modified fitting.
I.D.of "O" ring is 3/16, O.D. is 1/4 in. I think. The pressure behind and
around the "O" ring seems to keep it from leaking.

Good luck,
Jack Hardy