RE: J2 and PA/PB STUB AXLES

To: <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: J2 and PA/PB STUB AXLES
From: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:45:47 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
* Bob, You're right. It was Carlyle Merritt's J2 that we replaced to stub
axle
> on using a TC. Worked fine, although we also had to bore out the back side
> for clearance.

Bob, Tom, All,

I never imagined that there was a difference between J2 and P-Type stub
axles.
Can you clarify and elaborate, please?

Brian Kelly.
* Hi Brian,
* You are right, there is no dimensional difference. However, I have a P
type steering knuckle that had a huge hollow in the center on the axle beam
side. Some early TA steering knuckles also have a huge hole . Therefore I
had to make some oversize                    ( compared to TC ) stub axle
inserts with a larger diameter on the inside to clear the large holes in the
PA and TA steering knuckles.  I think all inserts need a bit of grinding on
the lower inside to clear the end of the axle beam where the kingpin mounts.
Regards, Bob Grunau