Re: RE:side curtains for my PA

To: "kevin allocca" <kevin-allocca@msn.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE:side curtains for my PA
From: "Gillian Morbey" <gill.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:12:10 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Kevin,

I recently had some sidescreens made up for my 2 seater PA.  The work was
done by Bryan Purves who knows our cars well.  Attached are some fairly low
grade .jpg pics showing them (taken with a 0 pixel digital camera!)  These
should give you a rough idea of how they look.
HQ5 shows the LHS (passenger's side) interior of the screen
HQ6 shows the LHS (passenger's side) exteriorof the screen
HQ7 shows the RHS (driver's side) interior of the screen, including the flap
detail.
HQ8 shows the LHS (driver's side) exterior of the screen

The driver's side sidescreen has a flap through which you can make hand
signals.  The passenger's side one does not, which makes for an interesting
challenge when traversing lanes on busy motorways!

In addition to the sidescreens, PAs were also equipped small with triangular
shaped canvas/duck panels which are positioned between the sidescreen and
the hood.  They fit to the front edge of the hood with 3 press studs and the
bottom apex fits to a lift-a-dot peg fastener just behind the door.

I'll have some better pics of the screens and hood as fitted on the car in
the next couple of days and will e mail them to you, and anyone else who is
interested

Best regards
Dick Morbey
Marlow, Bucks. UK.