Merry Christmas

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Merry Christmas
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:25:54 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear MG Friends,

        As we settle in for some quiet quality time with friends and family,
it's nice to count our blessings, reflect on the past year and look forward
to the next.
        I for one, am looking forward to completing of my L2 restoration and
to it's first outing at GoF West at the Queen Mary in July.  The engine
rebuild, in the capable hands of Bob & Charles Jones seems to be progressing
well and will hopefully be shipped in the spring.  The balance of the
restoration should be really easy as all of the hard & challenging work is
done.

        It would be great to see a world class turnout of MMM cars at GoF
West.  I can think of a number of really fresh restorations including Jack &
Terry's N-types,Larry's swept wing J2, and Bob's M type. Hopefully, the
Colorado gang will be attending enmasse.

        I've volunteered on behalf of the NAMMM Register to use every trick
in the book to encourage, badger, harass or otherwise shame any and all MMM
owners to attend this event.  We should easily be able to have 25 cars in
attendance. Written notices from your spouses attorney may be the only
acceptable excuse.  It would be nice if some our East coast members could at
least plan to fly-in and  get to know  the West coast folks.

          In recent years, our cars are attracting more and more attention
at various MG events. The levels of restoration is improving all the time
and owners have finally figured out that these cars can actually be driven
and are in fact a true blast to drive. I really hope a goodly number of our
cars are actually driven to the event and will be seen to be driven actively
during the GoF week. Barry Swackhammer drove his J2 some 800 miles to and
from the Ventura GoF a few years ago and the car didn't miss a beat.  We
should be able to come up with a distance award for MMM cars.

        It really seems that lots of enthusiasts that have played around
with T-types for many years are now finding new challenges and renewed
enthusiasm for MGs with the MMM cars.  More cars at events seems to really
breed increased levels of interest.  Shared knowledge makes seemingly
difficult tasks within the grasp of most of us. Not all the parts on our
cars are made out of "unobtainium"

        If your not already registered now is the time... Rooms are filling
up so don't delay too long.  When I made my reservations some weeks ago, the
gal on the phone thought I was nuts for requesting a room with a view of the
parking lot!  I'll be in touch with Jerry Felper for a list of MMM members
who are registered but would be grateful for direct advice to me at home
(cnowlan@aol.com).with details on which cars you plan to bring.

        Wishing you all a very Merry & Joyous Christmas.

Regards,

Chris Nowlan
nowlanc@mossmotors.com