Re: P/N clutch adjustment

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: P/N clutch adjustment
From: "Jack Hardy" <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:02:07 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry/Folks,

I think I may have contributed to the confusion about adjusting the clutch
before the bell housing/Trans is connected to engine. All I did was adjust
the LEVERS to an arbitrary height, probably above the clutch cover, as a
starting point, thinking if they were equal height it'd be easier to adjust
later. This coincidentally turned out to be okay to get the clutch to
disengage. Which satisfied me at the time. As I said, I subsequently forgot
to check the adjustment for the correct gap but it worked for a while. I
agree with Bob Rich that the only way is to work through the hole in the
bell housing as described in Blower/PA-PB Owners manual. I think the Allen
socket set screws will help a lot.

Cheers,
Jack