Re: P/N clutch adjustment

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: P/N clutch adjustment
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:43:05 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry,

If you don't have the bell housing, gearbox and clutch pedal mechanism
attached to the back of the block, what are you going to adjust?

A small amount of wear in the clutch disc, the pressure plate, the throw-out
bearing/carrier or the clutch shaft bushes will affect the adjustment. It
isn't as impossible to do as some folk would have you believe. Are you
really getting that close, or are you planning a year or two ahead?

Cheers, "Bob".