Oversized Piston

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oversized Piston
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:43:08 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I believe maximum oversized piston is around +80 if it is
available. Actually one of my J2 engines has 59mm pistons and
its engine capacity is 908cc. This engine was built by Colin
Tieche around 10 years ago, and after that I did some metal job
(metals melted three times!), valve job, made cylinder head and
top of block surface very flat, used copper gasket, then no
problem for 15000 miles. Sometimes I rev it to the maximum (my
speed/tacho is not very accurate so I don't know how much, but
I can see it reahces 70mph hopefully, while I use stopwatch --
with 8/43 normal diff).

Hiro