Re: PA Firewall

To: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Subject: Re: PA Firewall
From: "Viv James TraX Interconnect (Pty.) Ltd" <viv@trax.co.za>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:20:42 +0200
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Date sent:              Thu, 03 Oct 2002 09:21:50 -0700
From:                   Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
To:                     "Viv James TraX Interconnect (Pty.) Ltd"
<viv@trax.co.za>

Thanks a lot Pat.

If nothing is forthcoming, I plan to lay the whole thing out on the bench
with the actual bits to try and identify any suplus holes. Then I'll work
backwards from there with specific questions to the group. The
original firewall is not that bad but the fuel controls have gone and had
been replaced with Zoller oil feed controls (also now gone) as well as
electric starter solenoid and suchlike. Even the crank handle clips are
there in place so I guess I'm actually quite lucky.

Cheers

Viv

I'll shout for help if I need it
Viv,

If you are unable to get hold of a correct dwg, you may find that an
original or good modern enlarged reproduction of the PA (or PA and
PB)
factory parts lists' photo will help, especially if you have the remains
of the doubtless much cut about and drilled out firewall from yr own
car. It won't specify the hole sizes but it shd give a sufficiently
accurate indication of their positions and tell you which holes in yr
own firewall are non-standard

I did this with my own N-type using an original parts list.

Unfortunately I only have a Bone Bros copy of the (PA and PB) parts
list, copied 30 years ago, and the photo reproduction is useless. If you
can get someone to make a really good Xerox copy of an original or
good
modern reproduction, or to scan it onto a JPG file, the (PA and PB)
list
has the photo on page 34. (The earlier PA (only) parts list will
probably have it on an earlier page. Incidently, the parts list calls
the firewall the "dash panel" - it is part # MG529.

You may well find that Sports & Vintage or someone now produces a
really
good copy of the original parts lists.

If you come up empty-handed, let me know and I'll see if the friend
who
gave me his spare, original N parts list has an original P list I can
Xerox and/or scan for you.

....Pat Mullen 1936 NB 2-str (NA0895) near Vancouver, Canada.