Elkhart Lake Fall Vintage Rages

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elkhart Lake Fall Vintage Rages
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:06:15 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I just returned from a fabulous, albeit wet, weekend at Elkhart Lake. We
drove over in the TD - took about 7 hours. But what a surprise when we
got there! There were (by my count) 9 MMM cars there and RACING! Some
included Mac Reynolds and Frank Diaz, both in their own C-types, Bob
Sterling in the NA, Pete Thelander in the NE, Curtis Liposcak in a
borrowed J2 (supercharged), Dean Butler's K3 and KN special (K3
replica). I'm forgetting someone, so please pardon.

Other notables racing were Denver Cornett in his #7 TC, now 53 years on
from his first race in that very same car; Don Martine, and way too many
for this faded brain to remember.

Great weekend, but unfortunately, the Sunday was pretty much a wash out.
Many of the older cars simply packed up and went home. Two solid days of
really fun spectating, though.

Lew Palmer
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol