RE: Duo-tone paint schemes

To: DSBonar@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Duo-tone paint schemes
From: mgtom@bright.net
Date: 13 Aug 2001 19:27:41 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Don,

The 2 reds should be spot on and ready to use. There was a problem
with an unstable red pigment used in both reds and the formulae were
changed to use a new red pigment. The colors were both off and lost
the great richness that the 2 had prior to the change. We sprayed out
red samples from the old cans we had and they were color matched by
good eyes and computer in Toronto.

As far as the color scheme goes, I always use "can't beat original"
when trying to decide. Doing it in the proper colors is good - doing
the top bonnet panels in the darker shade is up to the owner.  Period.
My own preference is for all four bonnet panels to match the body tub,
but that's how I'd do MINE

Hope this hasn't muddied your reds!    t.
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol