Re: MMM-Parts

To: <Moffist@aol.com>, <lawson@uplink.net>, <mg-mMM@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MMM-Parts
From: "Cercle MMM" <contact@cercle.mmm.lu>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 09:59:10 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: <Moffist@aol.com>
To: <lawson@uplink.net>; <mg-mMM@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 3:33 AM

> Don,
>
> As an ex-pat Brit living in Michigan, I would second John Libbert's
comments
> - particularly regarding Mike Dowley.  I think that he should be your
first
> port of call for everything you are likely to need, including very sound
> advice.  You can call him on 01144/1939/210458 in the UK.  He will send
you a
> very useful catalogue of parts and services.
>
> Also, don't overlook Barry Foster and Colin Tieche in the UK, who can
supply
> parts, rebuild asemblies, and provide priceless advice on all things MMM.
>
> Barry Walker is good for second-hand assemblies like dynamos, carbs.,
axles,
> etc., but is *frighteningly* expensive.  However, if that $500 vertical
> dynamo is the only thing keeping your car from the road....
>
> I would also BEG you to join the MG Car Club, and their Triple M
Register -
> if you have not already - an absolute MUST!
>
> Are you in the USA or UK.  If so, where are you?  Does it have (or did it
> have) a UK registration?
>
> All the very best with the rebuild, and Seasons Greetings,
>
> Ian Grace
> British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol

Instead of the $500 dynamo, try then Mike Allison at CRG Engineering, Unit
251, The Old Vicarage, South Stoke,
Goring on Thames, GB - RG8 0JS
His phone number is:  (GB +44) 1491 875554, Fax  1635-40724
Mike is THE expert in all technical questions about MMMcars, having worked
at the MG Works until his retirement!
He has many parts nobody esle has and he has devellopped (instead of the
$500 dynamo) a modern dynamo with a modern regulator which in all respect of
originality not looks as the original one but even  it works!.
 For body parts or even new bodies I only can reccommend St. Gilbert in
Weybridge (not far away from the Brooklands circuit)

Merry xmas to all,
Jos Wantz
Cercle MMM, Luxembourg (www.mmm.lu)
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol