Re: Connecting rod bolts

To: Dee Davis <deedavis@etch-eshop.ME.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: Connecting rod bolts
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:12:19 -0700
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dee,

It seems strange that by the time you received the (rods and) bolts that
the original ARP recommendations for torque - engine oil AND moly lube -
were not included.
If the rods use screws, rather than bolts & nuts, there wd be little
point in specifying stretch, but measuring the elongation is really the
only sensible way to go if practical.

....Pat

British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol