RE: body frame wood preservation

To: "MG MMM List" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>, "Pre-War Cars List" <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>, "Nick Wright" <NickWright@sutton-publishing.co.uk>
Subject: RE: body frame wood preservation
From: "Jack Hardy" <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:39:13 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Nick,
 My PA had most of it's wood frame painted black. I used polyurethane
varnish on the pieces I replaced. Polyurethane has held up well for 30
years on my hardwood floors! I also read a book on frame making that
suggested varnish or black paint, black being for concours. I don't know if
you can paint over Waxoyl.
        Jack Hardy

--- Jack Hardy
--- jnshardy@earthlink.net