MMM metal conduit

To: 100570.2213@compuserve.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, TAYLORS@4OAKS.dialnet.com
Subject: MMM metal conduit
From: Richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:37:48 +0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
--openmail-part-03b15136-00000001
        ;Creation-Date="Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:37:47 +0000"

Dear All:
=A0
=A0
I have discovered that the present-day wiring looms from the usual=20
sources (Autosparks in my case) are fatter than the original. This is=20
because unlike in the 1930's the modern loom consists of PVC=20
insulation, wrapped in a colour-coder outer and the whole lot=20
cotton-braided.

This means that it is too fat to pas through the original conduit on=20
the firewall of my P type.

Autosparks referred me to Fiennes Engineering of Oxford, but neither=20
they nor Richfield Speedograph have been able to source a wider conduit =

for me. The max available seems to be around 20 mm

What we MMM types need is:
1" or 1.1" id spiral wound galvanised or zinc plated conduit with brass =

ferrules at each end.

Does anyone know of a source? I daresay I COULD buy something from=20
Barry Walker or other sources, but I have already used up all of my=20
arms and legs - I'd guess that a supplier of industrial conduit MUST=20
exist somewhere out there.....
=A0
Regards
Dick Morbey