Re: Dashboards

To: Kellmg@aol.com, Richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, seabrook@en.com
Subject: Re: Dashboards
From: Bill707@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:41:19 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01/27/2000 2:57:04 AM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk writes:

 I'm at that stage of my P type restoration when there is a real
possibility that I'll need a dashboard ere long.............etc etc

Peter Green mentioned to me that he had had a db made for him by a chap
in Witney, Oxfordshire a while ago who did a very good and reasonably
priced job.Only, snag, he cannot remember his name or phone number!

Can anyone help?
Incidentally, Blower indicates that the PA db is veneered with sequoia,
and having de-polished the remnants of my original db it looks like a
rather nice burr wood effect.Is sequoia still available from veneer
suppliers, or do most people use burr walnut?

Thanks
Dick Morbey
**************
To which Brian Kelly replied:

Dick

AS you say the '34-'35 PA had the sequoia dash and, the PB of '35 had the
walnut..... etc etc

Albert Constantine's. New York. <  www.constantines.com  >
Have it listed as red wood burl,  item #  V 75.  They ship world wide,
and at a cost of  $3.90 per square foot it's very reasonable.

Question.
            How many wood fixing screws in a PA dash?  My verdict is four, as
opposed to the PB's 6 screws.  Thoughts on this anyone???

Brian Kelly

DICK AND BRIAN:
You can’t go wrong with Craig Seabrook’s Whitworth Shop in Ohio. His wood
work is stunning and he should be able to answer your questions as well.
You’ll find him on 216-338-5950...<seabrook@en.com>
Cheers,
Bill Tantau