Re: Fast Lane

To: "Freiburger, David" <David.Freiburger@primedia.com>,
Subject: Re: Fast Lane
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:54:38 -0700
David and others--
We already can license elseware (WOS and ECTA)  I think SCTA has an ongoing
effort to approve other LSR venues for licensing.
Banning licensing, even low speed licensing like "D" and "C" from Speedweek
would have other effects for Western racers.  First it would increase the
load on El Mirage.  That one doesn't get rave reviews.

Anyone with a limited budget will be put under a real strain if he has to
fund two long distance events in a year.  My racing budget is $5K/year.  A
Bonneville trip costs me 50% of that for gas, entry and daily expenses even
if nothing breaks.

If I finish a car over the winter and have to license at WOS (which seems to
get rained out 50% of the time) or a USAFRA meet then I might not even
license the year I finish the car, let alone be welcomed at Speedweek.

Perhaps the answer is to limit the number of entries at Speedweek.  But I,
for one, want to see a lot of good reasons to do that.  And those reasons
won't be worth a hill of beans until we we're out the back door exploring
all the alternatives.

Ed Weldon