RE: Turbo Question

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Turbo Question
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:52:28 -0500
I have used these on Lancia Ferrari GTP and Porsche 962. I don't remember a
restrictor other than the size of the feed line and we had the drain hooked
up to a scavenge stage. Besides the questionable seals they are not noted
for the best thrust bearing arrangement in the world either.. I have lost
plenty of them in short duty when the pressure ratio got a little high or we
were at the end of the compressor map in flow. The turbine housing selection
is pretty slim as well from what I can remember also. Not my first pick for
sure. At the end of a run if you lift quick I would guess you won't have to
worry much abut fogging the motor for storage but I would check the oil
before restarting to make sure there is some.
Dave