Re: Turbo Question

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo Question
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:18:57 -0800
Dick,

Find out what oil flow in qts/L  per minute that turbo needs. Then hook up an
oil line with a valve
so that you can determine what size you will need. I would Mobil1 0W-40 oil
because of the way
the old VW oil pressure/oil cooler control valve works. High pressure bypasses
the cooler. Not good.

The one thing that limits HP on an air cooled engine (except at the drags) is
exhaust valve
temperature. Number 3 exhaust will die if the stock oil cooler, in the stock
position is used.

Use LOTS of water. For each gallon of gas use 1-2 quarts of water. No Sh-- !
Remember,
you can't use alky in a gas class.

I haven't done it, but I would consider using a cheap RV water pump with 5 gal.
jug to spray
water on the head at each exhaust port location. I should help keep valve temp
down. Talk
to Rick Gold (ERC) about which gas to use. Remember, there isn't an engine made
that
can't be blown up with the right turbo.

Have fun,
Bryan