Re: to buy or not to buy??????

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: to buy or not to buy??????
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:33:59 -0700
John,

I have broken lots of rods at Bonneville, all stock rods except one,
which was a Carrillo. In this case it was because of a spun bearing. I
can say one think negative about the Carrillo. It made a bigger mess of
things. I have only broken one rod on a dyno. It was a Bill Miller
Aluminum. Unfortunately, my engine builder at the time was Terry
Elledge, a NASCAR engine builder. Terry was accustom to working with
Carrillo and other steel rods, he didn't give enough room for the rod to
grow. The piston was hitting the head. Number one rod ended up against
the wall of the dyno room when we reached for a 7700 RPM pull.

I guess my message is that anything will break if you try hard enough!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC