RE: to buy or not to buy??????

To: "'John Beckett'" <saltracer@servusa.com>, "'Keith Turk'"
Subject: RE: to buy or not to buy??????
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:42:55 -0500
John;

If we knew what stress was on the aluminum rods, we could look on an "S-N"
diagram for that particular alloy and find out how many cycles to failure to
expect.

How long you can run aluminum rods depends on the engine's horsepower, RPM,
stroke, etc.etc.

You'll know when you've run out of fatigue life on those aluminum rods when
one breaks. If it were my engine, I'd at least inspect them with a dye
penetrant test such as Zyglo to find any cracks before things go
catastrophic.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ