RE: Octane Booster

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "'Ed Van Scoy'"
Subject: RE: Octane Booster
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:22:16 -0500
Dick;

We knew we were treading on thin ice, so we used only a low percentage. I'm
certainly not advocating mixing your own fuel-- it's risky and it adds yet
another variable into the equation. Racing gas is as good as or --more
likely-- better than anything anyone is likely to blend.

Back in the thirties, mixing up special "bug juice" wasn't that uncommon.
People used av gas, benzine, toluene, nitromethane, and just about any
flammable solvent you can think of to try to find a magic combination. Few
mixtures were successful, some were scary, and most resulted in lots of
scattered engines.

Regards,  Neil