Re: Octane Booster

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: Octane Booster
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry.  I chose a wrong selection of words to make my statement.  I
have absolutely no idea what the math and chem equations are.  Those
exact, same figures were printed by a Corvette club many years ago.  I
was talking about that article with the engineer at the refinery
because he drove a souped up, high compression 63 Corvette, and I had
a high compression 1970 Mopar at the time. We both could have used
more octane than was available at the pump. He said he had seen the
article too, and he was the one who passed the wisdom on on to me.
Since he's the engineer, working in the business, and an experienced
hot rodder, I took him at his word. Many, many years ago, when I was
young, I tried mixing fuel for outboard racing using some of those
same ingredients.  I had the very entertaining experience of melting
and fusing a racing motor into one piece.  The old man who gave me the
"ingredients" had warned me about not using more than "an ounce or
so".  I was sure I knew better though. Something about the older I
get, the more I realize that I can learn from other people's
mistakes. After more than fifty years of trying to make my motor more
powerful than the next guy's, I have finally learned that I don't have
to go out and blow up my own motor just to prove that it will blow up
like everybody else who has tried it.

Dick J