Re: Tires

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Rick Byrnes"
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:20:25 +1100
OK maties
Your dead right Mayf stuffed up big time using coefficient of friction , it
should have been coefficient of rolling resistance  I use this little dity to
calculate rolling resistance CCRWTVG(5-15%) where CCR= coefficient of rolling
resistance (see note ) WT = total weight of vehicle and driver / rider  (
newtons) VG = ground velocity ( meters per second)
note I use 0.013 as an average figure for calculations
does the radius and or the width of the tyre change the CCR ? my knowledge in
this area is sadly lacking  still waiting for an explanation why 13inch dia is
no good and 16 inch dia is good?
Gary who's brain box is seriously overloaded