Re: liner layout

To: yesford@clear.net.nz, lanspeed@west.net, speedtimer@charter.net,
Subject: Re: liner layout
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:41:04 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 10:25:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yesford@clear.net.nz writes:

<< Louise & List,
 Someone asked where the Eyston Thunderbolt is now. I believe its down here
 in New Zealand. It was shipped to NZ after its last run to be displayed at
 an International Exhibition staged in our capital city of Wellington in
 1939. The 2nd World War started that year so Thunderbolt was stored in an
 old warehouse which subsequently burnt down. The car was toast, hardly
 enough left to make sheep shearing plants.

 It was dispatched to the local tip which in later years was developed into
 the Capitals 'footy' field.
 A local personality which is another story planned on using fancy scanning
 gear to possibly locate and restore the vehicle.

 Fellow Kiwi Brian Falkner should know more........whats the word Brian?

 Chris H   NZed. >>
Thank you for the information Chris! I posted the question a few days ago. If
they found "Babs" and restored her there may be hope for the "Thunderbolt".
Bob in Connecticut