Re: liner layout

To: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>,
Subject: Re: liner layout
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:18:40 +1300
Louise & List,
Someone asked where the Eyston Thunderbolt is now. I believe its down here
in New Zealand. It was shipped to NZ after its last run to be displayed at
an International Exhibition staged in our capital city of Wellington in
1939. The 2nd World War started that year so Thunderbolt was stored in an
old warehouse which subsequently burnt down. The car was toast, hardly
enough left to make sheep shearing plants.

It was dispatched to the local tip which in later years was developed into
the Capitals 'footy' field.
A local personality which is another story planned on using fancy scanning
gear to possibly locate and restore the vehicle.

Fellow Kiwi Brian Falkner should know more........whats the word Brian?

Chris H   NZed.