Re: Occupations

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Occupations
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:31:38 -0800
Occupations hey! well Keith you asked for it?
Shop flunky, Goodyear Tire
Chemical tech, Bermite Powder Co.
Shop flunky, Burns Aero Seat Co.
All the rest were with the dear old lazy L (Lockheed)
Apprentice tool and die maker
Tool and Die maker
Tool Designer
Numerical Control Programmer
E&E Draftsman
E&E Engineer (no degree just expierience)
Engineering draftsman
Engineering Loftsman
Computer Software Tech
Computer Programmer
Computer systems engineer (again no degree just knew where all the shims
were required)

     To paraphrase Chico Esquela "Lockheed been berry  berry goood--- to
me", I got to change jobs a lot and learned a lot different skills. Best job
I ever had was as a group engineer for five guys and I that knew all the
tricks of the company CAD system. We would get shopped around all the ADP
projects as needed. I got to work on some of the neatest stuff you never
saw. I early retired because they chained me to the computers and I didn't
get to get involved with the engineers or the shop any more, I was turning
into a grouchy old vegetable. I am 59 going on 21 and have been married for
the last nine years to Mary Lou the greatest gal in the world.
     Started LSR in 1962 with my partner Ken Logan and my brother with his
brand new Max Wedge Dodge. Progressed thru a 1939 Holywood Graham gas
altered, 29 Ford gas roadster, 1953 Stude blown gas coupe, to the present 27
Ford T blown fuel modified roadster.  We have never held any records but
have been within a couple of miles an hour with every car we have run.  Ken
and I also took some detours to go Top Alcohol Dragster racing with Dale
Smart, winning that class at the US Nationals in 1988. I have always been
the designer/fabricator member of the team but am now building a 27 Ford T
to race in the street roadster class. With this one I am going to jump into
the engine building /tuning side of the deal as well. I am the possesor of a
pilots certificate, single engine land, SCTA class A drivers licence and a
member of the NRA, CRPA, SCTA, BNI and the San Diego Roadster Club.
      Well thats my 15 minutes
Jim in Palmdale