Hydraulic Roller Cams?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydraulic Roller Cams?
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:22:17 -0500
I have been thinking about running a hydraulic roller cam in my first
motor next year for testing in the new car. I am going to be similar
to Dick J on this one. Going to try to limit rpms to around 6500. A
basic 4 bolt main 350 with about 10:1 compression with a set of
hypereutectic pistons, and a good set of aluminum heads. So I have
been thinking why not make the valvetrain a not so radical item that
is easy to maintain. That's what has led me to think about using the
hydraulic roller cam. This would allow me to use a 350-400 pound
spring. I could get away with no stud girdle and use about any roller
rocker. There are some pretty good grinds out there now as it is old
hat in most street motors. Anybody else given any thought about using
a hydraulic roller cam?

Bill Bennett
"Southern Salt Terror"
http://home.earthlink.net/~benettw/