Ole Blue hair

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ole Blue hair
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:50:23 -0500
 as I have said before there are two sides to this here List... if you
don't want the social side delete this now.... otherwise sit back and have
yourself a Laugh....

Okay So I am sitting there not having cranked the Motor on  Sunday... ...
and I get this phone call.. it's some Yahoo who got my Phone Number from
Wes Potter... well it seems his Scooter is Broke down in Perry
Oklahoma...and he is wondering if I can help him make his Dream of Riding
on the Salt Happen.... ( Back of My Mind I see a Relief Driver... knowing I
am going to be Tired leaving here for the Trek..)

Suuuuure thing Maynard Pick you up at the Hotel tomorrow about 1pm...  I
get all loaded up and set to go... Kiss Miss Kathy Bye and I am off on the
Great Trip to Perry Oklahoma... ( nevermind all the things I had to leave
off to make this happen... Rock's Mini Bike so on and so forth )
Anyway... I get close and low and behold I see my Mentor standing in the
Driveway.... hands waving high.... complete with BLUE HAIR.... ( at this
Point a Rapid waving of the hand as I PASS BY is VERY present in my mind )
But I said I was going to pick him up and So I did.... asked the fella if
he had ever driven a Truck and trailer before... and get a Deer in the Head
lights Look.... " my thoughts now are " ain't this Special..."  anyway Give
our hero a quickie class on driving my truck...and off we go.... he's
driving about 2 in the Morning and life had been sorta okay up to that
Point... and He says... HEY KEITH you mind if I SING....... Hmmm   Well
I'll make you this Deal here Maynard... you get to sing for Two SECONDS and
If I say STOP you STOP okay..... so the next thing I hear is Frank
Sinatra..... and the honest answer is he was DAMN GOOD....

Dragged him into the Harley Shop at Salt Lake city and it turns out the guy
is some famous Writer for Iron Horse Magazine.... JT Nesbitt....  and a fun
guy to have around.... ( personally I am going to have a Healthy supply of
Soap on a ROPE.... Just kidding of course )

anyway ole JT ran in the 90mph range on his 41 UL Harley that was
absolutely a Piece of Work... Last I seen of him he was Packed up and
heading out to Montana....neat deal and another friend I have made along
the way....

Keith...( still doing it MY WAY...)
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)