RE: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:12:56 -0700
All this talk of rotaries reminds me of an ad I saw in our local classifieds
for a mini hydroplane with an NSU Prinz rotary engine.  I still wish I'd gotten
the thing. I don't know why - just like old junk I guess.

Another motor to throw into the list is the old Suzuki RE5 motorcycle.  I've
had Mazda race guys look at one and say it was definitely designed by the same
crew of engineers, just scaled down.  All the Mazda tricks should work on it.
It even has "NSU" cast into the cases.

Simon Smith