Re: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:25:29 -0400
Dan whether it may or may not bring a car back is not really the
question is it?? The question is the factor fair .... The question is
how do i present this for a fair consdieration to the factor and to
whom.. I have pointed out how other LARGE sanctioning bodies do it. I
have done my homework on this.. I have given honest answers as to the
real power these things make.. How do i get this moving is the real
question. I am not up for a years worth of trading e-mails to see what
the people here think ..I am asking for an honest review and
consideration from the rules committee on the basis of the facts
presented.. maybe it would bring out new cars maybe it would not.. In
the end though if it were changed it would put SCTA in line with the
rest of the racing world on the classification of these engines. I am
sure it would also but SCTA in a position of working to maintain a fair
set of rules that follows the mainstream of the racing community and
shows the ability to adapt their rules to fit realistic data. A side
issue here is also when the the X3 factor was put into effect the
development of piston engines was not where it is today and i will grant
that maybe in 1975 X3 was suitable as a handicap although did still not
represent how the engine worked. The piston engines have come a long way
since then.. How do the roatries get an even playing field???
Dahlgren