Rear wheel steering

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear wheel steering
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:27:43 -0600
List,

After talking with a Bonneville participant for many years, one of the
first rear wheel steered cars on the salt was Mountain State Automation
streamliner driven my John Gowetski, and after attaining 70 mph, he had
a terrible, end over end wreck and still has video to show it, all
attempts after that were abandoned, just ask John about it.
There is some interesting links below about the Dymaxion Vehicle that
was engineered in the 1930's that had rear wheel steer.
But I do beleive that somehow, there is a way to perfect this type of
steering, if the UK has toys that little kids can ride at an early age
(see one of the links below)  maybe that is the key to this whole mess.
Listening to the chatter about this, sounds like there is a problem with
the steering of this type of vehicle, maybe the problem isnt with the
vehicle, maybe its just the operator that makes it unsafe. Kids growing
up to learn how the steer this way might be the answer, instead of our
conventional front steer that we are all accustomed to, sometimes its
hard to teach the old dog new tricks phrase comes to mind.
I looked thru the internet and found various pages of rear wheel
steering stuff, there is some interesting concepts and information
within them?

http://inventivo.net/13toy.htm
http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/rws.htm
http://sciencenet.oit.net/database/Technology/ThrustSSC/t00236d.html